Monday, May 20, 2013

Almost 4 Years Later-I still date my husband.

I know some people don't agree with me on this and that's completely fine. 

But Jon and I are more than just husband and wife. 

We are best friends. We were best friends long before we became boyfriend/girlfriend--let alone husband and wife. 

I love nothing more than going and doing things with him-he makes me laugh so hard I cry...that's a normal occurrence really...


When we started talking about having a family, I really stressed to him how I felt like it was important not to lose US...sure-our relationship was going to change but at the end of the day-we were still US. We were the laugh-til-we-cry, inside-jokes-times-a-million couple.

The first few weeks with Cooper were rough on us..in particular me. On top of recovering from surgery, figuring out our new baby and getting to know him, and lack of sleep I realized quickly--I needed Jon. We didn't talk unless it was about Cooper. We were so engrossed we lost US for a few weeks. 

Thanks to my mom-we were able to get out and go on dates. Yes, dates.

We quickly became us again. 

We still go on dates...usually once or twice a month. Even if it's just for a few hours...it's wonderful! 

Four years later, my husband still holds my hand. Four years later, I still put his clothes away and fix his plate of food for him. Four years later we are still very much in love.

1 comment:

Maria said...

so sweet! i'm so glad you guys get time together...I think it's so important to not lose that closeness! I hope that you're having a wonderful week...give cooper a hug for me and tell him piper says hello! :)
wishing you a wonderful day, kari! xoxox
maria