Thursday, May 30, 2013

Almost 30...

I had dinner with my best friend Saturday night.

We were talking about how we were almost thirty.

I've always been a dreamer and a planner.

I had a timeline for everything...(I still do)...

I had a list of things I wanted before I turned thirty...



That list included a loving husband (far exceeded that expectation..), two kids (half way there!), and two dogs (half way there again). I wanted a career (check mark) and a house (check again).

I got so much more than I could have imagined. I'm sitting here typing this as my baby boy is playing on his activity mat grabbing at toys and learning to explore this world. My pup is laying by my feet-happy as can be. My wonderful husband is at work and we are counting down the hours until we get to see him! 

Sure-things didn't go quite as I planned. Hell, I expected to be pregnant, if not have baby #2 by now. They say, "Good things come to those who wait." Well-we got an amazingly great and wonderful baby so it was worth the wait and worth the heart break. 

I'm so lucky. And so blessed.

I only have three years left of my twenties. 

Bring it on thirties.

No comments: