Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Being a Mom

Almost 8 weeks into this being a mom thing...on one hand I still feel like I don't know a single thing. On the other hand I feel like I've been doing this my whole life.

It's the most incredible feeling in the world. And one that no one can prepare you for.

I would be lying if I said this was easy for me at the beginning. It wasn't. At all. The first 3 weeks were the hardest of my life. I can't tell you how many times I cried to Jon. I called my mom asking for help. She is a saint, by the way. I just wasn't getting better. Everyone talked about "baby blues" and how they got better...mine was getting worse. I loved Cooper but I was so anxious about being a mom and scared I wasn't doing it right.

After 5 weeks I finally gave in and called my doctor. He prescribed me medicine and I haven't looked back...it may not be for everyone but it helped me.

Being a mom is hard work, but it's also something to enjoy.

And now I enjoy it!



1 comment:

Maria said...

i'm so glad to hear that you're doing well and enjoying it all! glad your sweet mom was there for you and able to help. the other night i was too nervous to use the "boogie blower" on piper and had my mom teach me. thank god for friends and family with experience. :) sending tons of love. cooper is precious!
xoxox
maria