Friday, December 28, 2012

Blizzard 2012

Everyone who wanted a White Christmas got their wish....a day late!

They started talking about this storm a week or so ago. But we were only supposed to get 2 inches. It was that way all the way up until Christmas Day. Jon and I were at my parents eating lunch and exchanging presents..all of a sudden our phones and my parents phones started going off with an alarm. We were in a blizzard warning until 7PM on Wednesday night...wait...WHAT?!

We stayed at my parents a little longer, than decided after talking to Jon's family to not make the drive to their homes for Christmas because we would be driving right into the storm. No thank you...luckily, they understood.

The storm was supposed to start at 9:00...we were still only supposed to get 3-5 inches so I wasn't too concerned.

9:00 came and went with nothing....

10:00...

11:00....

Finally we just went to bed.

When we woke up yesterday morning there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground.

By 10:30 we had 4 1/2 inches...

Then 5 1/2...

We ended up with almost 8 inches!

I put together this little collage of pictures I took on my phone.

My favorite is the one where Reg is watching Jon shovel snow. hahaha

P.S. Reggie is a winter dog-he LOVES snow!! He jumps into it face first and loves life the whole time he's outside!

1 comment:

Maria said...

ahhhh, all that snow!! i know you hope it melts soon - send it over our way!! ;)