Monday, August 27, 2012

Show and Tell Monday Link Up: Wedding Bells Ringing

 

Once again, thanks to my fellow Hoosier blogger, Becky for hosting!!


Are you married? If so when did you get married, and tell us about your special day. If not?
Yes, I married my wonderful husband Jon on July 25, 2009.

We got married at a church in our town with 250 of our friends and family watching. And we had an amazing and fun reception at a reception hall in our town!

I loved everything about our wedding day! It was perfect!

How would you describe your dream wedding?

I loved ours!! So so much!!

Show us some wedding pictures. Either yours or of some that you love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


How about the engagement? Tell us your story. If not engaged, what's your dream proposal?

Jon proposed to me on July 3, 2007. He actually wanted to wait until July 4th because we were going downtown to watch the fireworks and go to dinner with my girlfriends, but he was afraid with the crowd and the noise from the fireworks that I wouldn't be able to hear what he wanted to say to me.

Cliff's notes version:
After making dinner at my apartment and doing dishes, Jon said he wanted to talk to me. I swore he was going to break up with me. Instead he got down on his knees and spoke the sweetest words to me before asking me to marry him. :) It was perfect-I, of course, said yes, and ran out screaming to my roommate.
Show us your wedding rings or an engagement photo! If not engaged/married ... show us your "dream" ring.

Tell us why you think marriage doesn't work out for so many? What can we do to make it last?

I'm a firm believer in marriage. I love everything about being married. Jon is honestly my best friend in the world. Whenever anything happens to me, good or bad, I call Jon. (Then my mom duh.) I love that we can stay home and do nothing and I go to bed just as smitten and in love as I would if he took me out on the town for the night.

And then there's the whole family thing....starting a family was a decision we didn't take lightly. Once we were ready to jump in with both feet, the obstacles we went through made our marriage a million times stronger. And guys...you should see him with me now. He rubs on my belly, doesn't say one word about the insane number of times we've ate pizza in the last four months. He always asks me if I'm okay when I run to the bathroom. He's at every doctor's appointment. He's just...he's wonderful. I can't say that enough.

So why do I think some people's marriages don't last? I think there are a blue million reasons. I think sometimes people do fall out of love with someone. But I don't think that you wake up one morning, look at your spouse and say,"Nah...over it." I think that sometimes you can try to work on the marriage and keep that spark and that love alive. Date your spouse for crying out loud. Jon and I have date nights. Sometimes date night is dinner and a game night while watching a movie. Tomorrow, we're packing a picnic and eating at the park then going to play putt putt together. Nothing fancy, but it's going to be so fun!

I also think sometimes people get married for the wrong reasons. There. I said it. I know someone who got married because they have kids with their spouse. When you ask them why they married that person their only answer is the kids. I'm not getting into it any more than that because it irks me but yeah...if you're not married for LOVE, I don't see if lasting. I'm sorry, but I don't.

I don't think people communicate and trust each other, either. I don't look through Jon's phone when it rings and he's in the shower. I don't care who it is. I know he's not doing anything. I don't check his email, none of that. Nor does he mine. I don't ever think about doing it. If we're mad at one another...we're mad. We talk about it...and that's that. We don't always agree or get along 100% of the time..but we love and respect each other 100% of the time.

And finally, not going into much detail, I'm sorry but I find intimacy an important part of marriage...physical intimacy and emotional intimacy. If those two aren't satisfied..I think sometimes people look to other sources for that intimacy that they are lacking.

*steps off soap box*

No comments: