Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Finding out about our little Love Bug and Bump Pictures

In April, Jon and I decided to actively start trying to have a baby again. My cycle in May started a week earlier than I anticipated so I ended up ovulating while we were on vacation. (Bless you, Myrtle Beach!) I started feeling kind of different around the first of June but I knew it was wayyyy too early to test. On top of that, I didn't want to test early. I promised myself I wouldn't.

The day I was supposed to start came and went with nothing. I had some light cramping but nothing like when AF usually knocks at my door. 

On Friday, June 15th I went home from work around 3:30 sick as a dog. I had never felt so sick in my life. I finally said to myself,"Go buy tests. If you're not pregnant, you need to call the doctor on Monday anyways and be seen for whatever freaking virus has popped up." 

I went to CVS and drank like 2 full bottles of water (I know, you're not supposed to do that.) and waited. I wanted to test before Jon got home because I hadn't told him what I thought was going on yet. He gets off work at 5:00. At like 4:50 I took a test and saw this:


I instantly started crying and praying. The reason I took a digital was for my own peace of mind. Both times before I took the two line tests and the second line was NEVER anything more than a faint line. In my mind, no lines just digital was the way to go. 

Jon got home and I remember him saying hi and me saying,"You forgot to say hi to the baby." He kissed me and we just hugged forever.

The next day, Jon was working out in the shed with one of our guy friends. One of my nestie besties sent me a package with her unused pregnancy tests from when they were trying to conceive. There were plenty of two line tests. My curiosity got the best of me and I took one. I thought I cried hard seeing the word "Pregnant". Imagine my shock when I saw this:



There was no squinting needed to see that line. I ran out and told Jon I needed to talk to him and he came in and I showed him. He kept saying,"Wow....wow...look at that!!!". 

Monday morning came and I called two doctors-one I spoke to back in December and the one I had been seeing previously. My original one blew me off, my new one called me within the hour and requested me to go get a quant done and a progesterone level quant. They set me up with an appointment two days later.

I got my quant result back that afternoon..my numbers were 22,300!!!! 

I cried. Again.

That night I was making dinner, I used the restroom...and I was spotting. 

I said more four letter words then you can even fathom. I was so scared. 

I called the doctor that next morning and they did an ultrasound immediately. They said they didn't think there would be a heart beat yet but they wanted to make sure things seemed to be progressing. 

There was no heart beat but there was a gestational sac and a yolk sac. Doc was pleased with what he saw which instantly put us at ease. He scheduled another ultrasound on the following Monday and basically said,"There should be a heart beat by then..if there isn't...there's a problem..." 

The next five days went by SO slow...

Monday afternoon we go into the ultrasound room. She instantly smiles at me and turns the screen...I started crying (see a pattern?) because if she's turning the screen and smiling it must be good news. Through my tears I see the flicker of the heart beat and Jon just started squeezing my hand. Then she flips the switch and we hear the heart beat. WE HEARD IT.  Heart rate was measuring at 115 bpm and looking GREAT!!! 

Doc came in to see us and apologized for having to run but he had an emergency TRIPLET delivery. He hugged us, high fived us, and said see you in four weeks.

Four weeks thanks to my schedule and their schedule turned into six weeks and we had our last appointment a week ago. I was nervous because I knew they would try a doppler and I prayed we'd hear it. PRAYED.

Finally at the end of the appointment...we heard it. We got to hear our precious love bug moving all around and a strong healthy heart beat. 

There is nothing that beats that feeling...I'm telling you.

As far as how I'm feeling..I'd love to say I'm a glowing pregnant woman but I'd be lying. I'm just now starting to be able to cook on a routine basis. I'm not puking every other day anymore..now it's once a week. I'm starting to get more energy though which is great!! I don't care if I puke every single day until February if we have a healthy baby. I'll take one for the team I don't really care!!

We are finding out the gender at the end of next month!!!! Soo excited!!

I started taking bump pictures at 7 weeks. I notice my bump but when you look at the pictures, it's noticeable to me that I'm starting to pop.






**Sidenote: The reason for the jump is because I went to the doctor at what I thought was 11 weeks and surprise babe is measuring a week ahead so I skipped 11 weeks I guess! hahaha**

Keep growing strong and healthy, BB!! Mommy, Daddy, and Reggie love you SOOOO much already!!!!

10 comments:

Shar Martinez said...

Aw! That's GREAT! Congrats girl!

xoxo ♥ Shar
http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

Meagan said...

This post made me tear up! So so very happy for you!

Jamie said...

Yay! Congrats!

Erin said...

Congratulations!!! Loved reading your story and can't wait to follow along :) Bless your growing family!!!

sophistifunk said...

this is so so so sweet. you two sound like you're going to make such wonderful parents. it's clear you already love your baby so much <3

p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

Katie @ Lady Million said...

Congrats pretty lady!
Newest follower over hereeee :)))

Katie
Lady Million

Alexis Kaye said...

This made me tear up! I'm so so so excited for you guys!!!!! And how fun that we get to have babies so close! Hoping everything goes smoothly for you :)

Maria said...

Kari, this post got me all teary eyed bc I can so relate to all your feelings. And bc I am so so happy for you! I love your bumps pics and I love your bump! :)
Yay for the second trimester. I feel like a queasy cow but deep down, I am loving it. :)
I hope you, Jon, the pups and baby have a wonderful weekend!
Xoxox
Maria

Megan said...

You are adorable!! I definitely see a little baby bump! I'm sorry that y'all had a rocky beginning but I'm SO SO glad that everything is going good!!

ApplePie said...

I followed you and I just started a blog, it's dutch. But you could use translate of course. Following would mean alot to me! (I have a blog hop atm)
http://likearolemodel.blogspot.com