Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wedding Month-Engagement

July 25th is mine and Jon's THREE year wedding anniversary!! 

So until then, I'm going to do a recap of our engagement, pre-wedding activities, and finally, the wedding!!

Hope you enjoy our little trip down memory lane!!

First up on the recap is the engagement!

The day was July 3, 2007. Jon was coming up to my apartment in Indy to stay with me for the weekend. We were going downtown to see the fireworks with my girl friends the next night. 

I was in class with my friend Sarah and told her Jon was coming up for the weekend. She says, "When are you guys gonna get married?"

"I'm not sure...in a few years I hope...we want to finish school first."

"Well, when is he going to propose to you?"

My answer...I kid you not was..."Tonight."

And we both laughed, grabbed lunch, and hung out til Jon got to my apartment. 

Jon got to my apartment after he got off work and he was acting WEIRD, you guys. 

Straight up. He cracked no jokes. He didn't want to do anything. WEIRD.

I made dinner...homemade pizza and bread sticks. 

As we're sitting there eating he told me he had something to talk to me about after dinner. Needless to say, I wanted dinner done right then. I thought he was breaking up with me. Honestly I did. I didn't know why but I truly thought that.

We finally finished eating (and when I say we I mean Jon..I was done after his comment). I did our dishes really quick and came into my bedroom where Jon was. He had moved a few of my chairs from the middle of my room to the walls so the middle of the room was empty. 

He was sitting there shaking and seemed nervous. Then we had the following conversation:

J: "I have to talk to you about something."

K: "Okay..."
 
J: "I don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore." *grabs my hand*

K: "OMG..."

J: "Do you get what I'm saying?"

K: "Yeah I think so.." *pulls hand away*

J: "No no no I don't think you do....I don't want you to JUST be my girlfriend anymore."

K: *HITS ME* "OMMGGG"
 
J: "I'm saying, You're my everything. *says my full name* will you marry me?"

Kiss kiss. Hug hug. Repeat a million times. Lots of tears, laughs, and OMG's. 

I call my parents. He calls his parents. 

Kiss kiss hug hug. 

We call our friends.

I run into the living room where my roommate was and I screamed, "LINDS LOOK WHAT I GOT!"...she smiled so big for us. I love her :)

The next day we celebrated by going to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory and went to the fireworks with my girl friends. :)

Great weekend, one I will always remember!!!


7.3.07

Engaged!

2 comments:

Alexis Kaye said...

So sweet! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! And Spaghetti/pizza factory is my FAVORITE! The breadsticks kill me with goodness

Maria said...

That is so sweet, Kari!! What an emotional roller coaster from thinking he's breaking up with you to being proposed to! I love it!
And I love that it was casual and not all over the top. I think it is so sweet when it's done like that!
Xoxoxox
I hope you're having a great weekend! Thinking about you!
Maria