Thursday, March 8, 2012

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Did I hear that? No..it's 9:00 in the morning. I have the day off and I'm sleeping in dammit. Reg is taken care of and we're cuddling on the couch.

Drip drip drip. *looks at empty water glass*

Well, crap on a crutch, Batman. I left the faucet going....

No..it's off. Maybe the sink has a small leak? Nope.

Hm...fridge? Nope.

Maybe it's in my head? Yep..yep, that's it.

Drip drip drip.

I'm in the kitchen and the drips are coming from another room. What the crap?

Drip drip drip.

Why oh why is it coming from the small furnace closet?

Here, this Hannah Montana flash light I was given at a NASCAR race (Oh you classy, Kari.) will show me the light. Snicker.

Water on the floor and coming out of our furnace? Probably NOT a good thing.

Okay don't freak out. Call the HVAC guys.

Now they're saying it's from the roof.

Call the roofing guys. Raise hell and get them here in two hours.

Drip drip drip.

They found the problem. Good considering you guys warrantied the roof for TEN years and it's been on for TEN MONTHS!

What? The problem isn't with the roof? What is it then?

Oh...the cap for the flu came loose? How does that happen?

Oh it's the wrong size.

Sorry I yelled at your lady on the phone today..but she has an attitude problem.

Here, want a Ski for the road? Or how about the crow I'm eating right now?

Thanks for coming by as I hang my head in shame.

HVAC guys are coming back tomorrow to fix the flu cap.

The roofer caulked the cap so it's a bandaid fix but it will keep the rain out for the time being.

Now we can start drying our furnace so we can turn it on again.

It's supposed to be 33* tonight.

Looks like the hubs and I will be cuddling a lot tonight!

The joys of home ownership.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Awwww, that stinks. Yeah, sometimes owning a home isn't all it's cracked up to be!! Praying y'all get it fixed!!

Maria said...

ohhh, i'm So sorry, Kari!! you told a great story though. i'm just sorry it had to be this! i hope it gets fixed pronto and your and the mr have a nice and romantic night of snuggling.
and you carry that hannah montana flashlight proudly, girlfriend!! :)

stay warm!
lots of love <3
maria