Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Link Up: Our Love Story

In honor of Valentine's Day fast approaching-I'm linking up with Becky for our love story!



1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

We've been together a little of 6 years-married for 2 1/2 amazing years.

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}

We sat next to each other in 7th grade English. He had this HUGE book of every Simpsons episode up to that point. We bonded over there. (I love Bart Simpson, what can I say?) We went to a dance together during Freshmen year.

He asked me out. I said no because I was stupid and had clouded judgment.

We went to a dance together our senior year


Proof

&& we actually dated for a few months. Then broke up. Damn clouded judgment. We remained best friends through our freshmen year of college.

Our sophomore year of college we talked every single day. EVERY SINGLE DAY. I can't tell you how many times we went over our minutes/text messages. (Oh the sucktastic days before mobile-to-mobile.) On Christmas Break, I asked my friend Sam if she would see if her fiance (at the time-now husband) wanted to go to dinner with Jon and I. We had dinner at Chili's and every one wanted to hang out afterwards...not me. I wanted to be with Jon alone. I sent him a text message (ohhh classy) when he was sitting next to me asking him if he wanted to come to my house after dinner. We kissed on my couch that night.

I was confused..are we together? Not? What are we?

At this point, January 25th was coming up...I knew what that meant. It was the day Jon asked me to be his girlfriend our senior year of high school. Surely he didn't remember that.

We continued to talk every day. We even dropped the L-bomb with no title yet.

Sure enough, on January 25th, Jon asked me to be his girlfriend "and one day his wife". :)


3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}

We were married on July 25, 2009...so just over 2.5 years of bliss!




4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?

We got married in our hometown. Big wedding-around 225-250 people. It was perfect!!


5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!

He calls me "Angel face". I call him "Handsome".

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

Just three? Okay..

1. He makes me laugh. He's the funniest person I know. I cry every day from laughter.
2. He's going to make a great dad.
3. He's a hard worker and he takes pride in his job and he does a great job taking care of us.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?

On July 3, 2007 he came to my apartment for the 4th. We were planning on seeing the fireworks with my friends the next night. He had been acting off all day. I made us dinner. As we were eating, he said he had something to talk to me about but wouldn't tell me until after dinner. I was putting the dishes in the dishwasher and came back into my room and my furniture was moved-clearing out the middle area.

He asked me to sit down and he said,"I don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore.."

I thought he was breaking up with me. He went to grab my hand and I pulled away.

He asked if I "got" what he was saying.

No.

He said,"I'm saying that you're my everything...". He said a lot of sweet, amazing things between and ended with, "Will you marry me?"

I screamed, cried, and hugged him.



8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

Flowers & teddy bear for sure :)

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

It depends on my mood really. Usually I'm all for a movie on the couch. Cuddling is the best!

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

Have a baby. Several babies. Healthy, happy babies.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.

Exchange gifts, go out to dinner, and see The Vow

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?

Nope...it's all on him. :)

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.

Be best friends!! A co-worker and I were just talking about this today. Jon is my best friend. If I'm mad, I call him. If I'm sad, I cry to him. If I'm happy, I run to him. He's my rock, my support, my advice giver, my helping hand, my saving grace, my soul mate, and my best friend.

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

I couldn't pick just one.




1 comment:

Maria said...

this was so sweet, kari! i loved reading your love story.
the photos at the end were too cute.

you're in my thoughts and prayers
<3<3<3
maria