Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Survey

Snagged from Whitney's blog!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Mostly wrapping paper with bows and ribbons! Though I do a couple gifts under the tree that are in bags. I bought a few of my girlfriends several things for Christmas so I just put them all in cute bags. :)


2. Real tree or Artificial? Artifical. I'm afraid Reg might pee on a real one!

3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving. Day after Thanksgiving at the latest

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the first week of January

5. Do you like eggnog? Ya know...I've never tried it!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I always woke my parents up at the BUTT CRACK OF DAWN to open presents. I'm talking like at 3:00 AM I was begging to open gifts. When I was in third grade I woke my mom up at 3:35 and begged her to open gifts. She told me to wait until 4. I just sat there staring at the gifts. Finally, my parents came downstairs and they gave me this wrapped present. I opened it and it was a purple suitcase with Aladdin and Jasmine on it. I was so excited...I loved it! I went to open another present and my mom said,"Kar...open the suitcase." I opened it and found a pair of Mickey Mouse ears and a book about Disney World. I was kind of confused and my dad said,"We're going to Disney World for Spring Break!" BEST. CHRISTMAS. PRESENT. EVER. EVER. EVER.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad

9. Easiest person to buy for? I love shopping for Jon. And my niece...she's so fun to shop for because she likes the same things I do.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, duh!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Um...I don't know

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'm kind of methodical about this. I make a list of everyone we buy for and I set a budget for each person. Then as soon as Black Friday ads come out, I start scoping out ideas for people. I make a list of things I want to buy. On Black Friday, we usually do a little bit of shopping. And I always buy a ton of things on Amazon. Then, throughout the next 3-4 weeks, I'll pick up things here and there. On Christmas Eve or the day before depending on our work schedule, I always buy stocking stuffers and finish last minute shopping with one of my co-workers.

14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Jon's aunt makes THE BEST meatballs and these cheesy hashbrowns

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? ours are white..but maybe next year they'll be colored!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Last Christmas or All I Want for Christmas is You


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We usually have my family's Christmas the weekend before. Christmas Eve we're usually home and then on Christmas Day we visit Jon's family.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. But do you recalllll the most favorite reindeer of all? Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star for now..but we're getting a new topper for next year hopefully

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning while watching A Christmas Story on TBS lol


22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Rude people, crowded stores

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I love our travelling ornaments. And our First Christmas Together ornament :)

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? a baby...but that's not going to happen for us right now. So can I save this for next year and wish for a baby then? My vote is yes!

No comments: