Maybe it was the weather...but I loved the Festival of Lights a million times more than Indy. First of all...the zoo in Cincinnati is bigger...you get a work out easily just walking around. You can go through Indy's zoo in two hours tops. Cincy...that's an all day event!
Anyways....there were SO MANY MORE LIGHTS!! Oh my goodness!! It was GORGEOUS!!
Seriously...gorgeous! I can't wait to take our kids one day!
I love this picture of us! It's one of my favorites we've taken this year...actually...now that I think about it...probably 4/10 of my top ten pictures this year are kissing pictures! hahahaha
Welcome to the final installment of 2011 In Review!!!
Overall, we had such a fun month!
*Went to King's Island's Halloween Haunt again *Getaway to Nashvegas with a pit stop at the Jim Beam Brewery *Got our second BFP
*Second miscarriage...but we got a new doctor who gave us plenty of hope for next year *Luke Bryan concert number 9 *Birthday party for two of my cousins *Thanksgiving
*Christmas at the Zoo x2 *Jolly Days at the Children's Museum *Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!!
This year has had it very high ups and the lowest of lows. I can't honestly say that Jon and I are a million times closer than this time last year. We have endured the saddest times we could ever imagine but I think that we came away a stronger couple.
I'm grateful for our family and friends who helped us get through everything and who helped us share memories that we will keep in our hearts forever.
So I say, 2011....thanks for the tears from laughter, belly aches from jokes, and the memories that will last forever. For the bad things...I say, with all do respect, 2011...get bent. Kindly.
I don't like the term "resolution" sooo I'll call them goals. I have a lot of them for this year....
*Get pregnant and pray to God we stay pregnant and have a beautiful, healthy baby (even if that actually occurs in early 2013) *Throw an amazing bachelorette party for Cort *Be an amazing MOH for Cort *Go to Indy to see my girls 3-5 times this year *Make a trip to Evansville once this year *Update my blog at least once a week (not including weekend plans/recaps) *Follow new blogs and hopefully get more followers! *Take lots of pictures and make great memories! *Put new carpet in our bedroom and the guest bedroom *Paint the guest room *Work out twice a week *Get family pictures taken with Reg *Take a vacation with Jon *Take at least one weekend getaway
This was such a big moment for me. I know it sounds silly but I LOVED that show...hell, I still do. To me, there's so many great lessons from that show. Not to mention, it brings back a lot of memories of my junior high and high school days. I'm not ashamed to say that I cried when Jon drove us up there. I cried after the guy told me I could take pictures. I cried when I walked around and saw the Creek. I cried when Jon and I kissed on the dock. It was INCREDIBLE! So incredible...it's on this list more than once. ;)
I love everything about this picture. The kiss. The skyline. The sunset. It sums up our fall weekend getaway...perfect!
Our first family picture
Do I even need to explain why this picture is so meaningful to me? I love our family. I LOVE OUR FAMILY SO MUCH. The two boys in that picture make me smile and laugh and LOVE every day....many many times a day. Jon is going to be an amazing dad one day. And Reg is going to be a wonderful and protective big brother. Just typing this is making me tear up so....moving on...
Our Merry Kissmas picture
Our friend took a picture of us kissing without us knowing and it came out kinda funny so we staged this one. I think it's perfect though!! I love it!
Family Christmas 2011
I love my family. My dad is amazing. My mama is my best friend. My sister is another one of my best friend's. My brother-in-law...I can't say enough about him. He's always been there for me when I needed him...and he doesn't think twice about it. My niece..well...she's been my world since I was 7 and she came into my life. My nephews? They're so funny and so carefree.
Taylor Swift Concert
My favorite concert with my favorite girl, my bestest, Ash. You know, it's funny, our sophomore year we were put in Foods class together. We only knew each other vaguely..we started talking and next thing I know I'm practically living at her house. Her mom is my mom. My mom is her mom. She's my other half. She's the shithead to my pissant. We've went through hell together this year..unfortunately we know what each other's went through all too well. But next year will be better for us..I just know it! Our babies are gonna be besties too!
Oh Chicago. Beautiful architecture, shitty sports teams, and home of Mr. "Hey-yo-Taylor..I'm gonna let you talk in a minute..." Kanye West. I loved Chicago! I love architecture..Jon loves sports..although not Chicago. Nonetheless...we had a BLAST on our spring get away! We did so much sight seeing and food eating! It was incredible! We can't wait to go back!
Girls of the Family Photo Op
When my niece got her senior pictures done, I stopped by after work to check them out. The photographers were nice enough to snap some pictures of my mom, my sister, my niece and myself. Love it!
LOOK AT THIS BEACH!! And ya know what....we loved it enough that......WE'RE GOING BACK!!! (More on that next year!)
Riverwalk, Downtown Wilmington
This was the first thing I saw when we parked and started walking into downtown Wilmington. I literally squealed and said,"I'm in Capeside AND Tree Hill!!" We probably walked this Riverwalk for a good 20 minutes. I was just in awe. Every where I looked, I saw something that looked familiar. It's gorgeous.
OH. EM. GEE. How beautiful is this place! I just...I love it.
Tonight I started working out the menu for Cort's Bachelorette party lunch at the spa! I wanted things that were light and easy to munch on...something that didn't require every one to sit down at a table and eat all at once.
..and forgive me for not having pictures to accompany this post.
I went shopping on Monday with J in the morning and with one of my BFFs in the afternoon.
I came home with:
*A new Christmas tree (6.5 footer) *4 boxes of cards for next year *4 rolls of wrapping paper *A gorgeous picture frame with a snowflake on it *A bag of ribbons *6 cookie containers *2 packages of tissue paper *Variety package of gift boxes
How much did I spend? $45.
I'm so so excited! I'm working on a post for tomorrow about organizing our Christmas decorations. In those pictures, you'll be able to see my bargains!
J got me so many amazing gifts!! Everything from One Tree Hill seasons, to magnets, to board games, to a mini tripod for my cameras, and Colts fuzzy socks! How fun!!
J loved his gifts! I bought him quite a few things-including a Big Bang Theory ornament, a Metallica book, and this gift you see him opening: I got the idea from Pinterest. It's a box with 12 different envelopes-one for each month. In each envelope I put a date day/night in it...with everything planned out to a T. At the beginning of every month, he'll open the envelope and we'll pick a day to do it. :) How fun!!! I'm excited for it!
After we opened presents, I made cake batter pancakes for breakfast (again, thanks, Pinterest!). Then we let Reg out and let him open his presents.
I think he liked them...what do you think? :)
We both took naps before heading out for the day-we had four stops to make this afternoon/evening. We had a great time though and played a few rounds of the Brand game that Jon bought me and hit the hay! :)
Family Christmas Photo
Hope your Christmas was full of plenty of love and laughter!
Come on, guys!!! If we're going to suck this year...SUCK. Get us a good draft pick. I swear if we come out of this season with pick #3 Indy is going to riot.
And I still maintain that Reggie Wayne is a little whiny bitch. There. I said it. All he does is whine and cry and wants to make sure the press knows his opinions. Thanks for sharing, but I promise you...we don't care. You wanted Curtis Painter as your quarterback. You got him. He sucked. Let. It. Go. He's not Peyton-not even on Peyton's worse day. Peyton plays better on the bench than Painter did starting. I hope Wayne doesn't play for us next year. There. I said it again. Colts fans would totally shun me for that but I'd rather have a player who is a team player not a one man drama show. If we wanted that, we would have picked up Randy Moss.
For Christmas...I want the Colts to lose the last game of the season. BAD!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper with bows and ribbons! Though I do a couple gifts under the tree that are in bags. I bought a few of my girlfriends several things for Christmas so I just put them all in cute bags. :) 2. Real tree or Artificial?Artifical. I'm afraid Reg might pee on a real one! 3. When do you put up the tree?Thanksgiving. Day after Thanksgiving at the latest 4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the first week of January 5. Do you like eggnog? Ya know...I've never tried it! 6. Favorite gift received as a child? I always woke my parents up at the BUTT CRACK OF DAWN to open presents. I'm talking like at 3:00 AM I was begging to open gifts. When I was in third grade I woke my mom up at 3:35 and begged her to open gifts. She told me to wait until 4. I just sat there staring at the gifts. Finally, my parents came downstairs and they gave me this wrapped present. I opened it and it was a purple suitcase with Aladdin and Jasmine on it. I was so excited...I loved it! I went to open another present and my mom said,"Kar...open the suitcase." I opened it and found a pair of Mickey Mouse ears and a book about Disney World. I was kind of confused and my dad said,"We're going to Disney World for Spring Break!" BEST. CHRISTMAS. PRESENT. EVER. EVER. EVER. 7. Do you have a nativity scene?No 8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad 9. Easiest person to buy for?I love shopping for Jon. And my niece...she's so fun to shop for because she likes the same things I do.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?Mail, duh! 11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?Um...I don't know 12. Favorite Christmas Movie?A Christmas Story and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?I'm kind of methodical about this. I make a list of everyone we buy for and I set a budget for each person. Then as soon as Black Friday ads come out, I start scoping out ideas for people. I make a list of things I want to buy. On Black Friday, we usually do a little bit of shopping. And I always buy a ton of things on Amazon. Then, throughout the next 3-4 weeks, I'll pick up things here and there. On Christmas Eve or the day before depending on our work schedule, I always buy stocking stuffers and finish last minute shopping with one of my co-workers. 14. Ever recycled a Christmas present?No. 15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?Jon's aunt makes THE BEST meatballs and these cheesy hashbrowns 16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?ours are white..but maybe next year they'll be colored!
17. Favorite Christmas song?Last Christmas or All I Want for Christmas is You 18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?We usually have my family's Christmas the weekend before. Christmas Eve we're usually home and then on Christmas Day we visit Jon's family. 19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. But do you recalllll the most favorite reindeer of all? Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer! 20. Angel on the tree top or a star?Star for now..but we're getting a new topper for next year hopefully 21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?Christmas morning while watching A Christmas Story on TBS lol 22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?Rude people, crowded stores 23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?I love our travelling ornaments. And our First Christmas Together ornament :)
24. What do you want for Christmas this year?a baby...but that's not going to happen for us right now. So can I save this for next year and wish for a baby then? My vote is yes!
With two big events coming up in the next 6 months I thought I would share with you how I keep things organized for these things.
I do this for things that require planning: parties and vacations especially. For smaller events such as double dates and weekend getaways I have another method which I'll share at another time.
I always buy the $.10 folders during the summer when school starts because stores like Staples have them on clearance. I forgot to do that this year but still found some inexpensive ones at CVS to get us by until August. :)
I use a different colored folder for each event and write on there what the event is.
In the folders, you'll find all the important info for the events.
The Bachelorette party folder as of right now has a three month calendar in it which I wrote down the dates I want to get everything done..this way I'm not scrambling around.
I'll also throw in copies of the menu, favor bag ideas, etc etc once it gets closer to time.
Our vacation folder has our confirmation emails in it. It will also have information for any tourist things we do or want to do. I always print off Mapquest directions now, too. (Thanks to Sam for doing this on our trip to Wilmington over Labor Day...helped us so much! Otherwise, we'd still be in Virginia Beach wondering why in the hell we couldn't find Dawson's house.) In a few months, I'll print off a week calendar for the trip and Jon and I can plan out what days we want to hang beach side and what days we're going on our day trips.
Since our hotel has a mini kitchenette, we'll be making some of our meals too...grocery list and menus will go in the folder as well.
We started doing the folder system when we went to the Carolinas in May. It was so easy and we loved it!
FRIDAY *Meal Plan *Grocery Shop *Maybe get a load of laundry done *Make a list of everything to bring with us on Sunday
SATURDAY *Work until 3 *Grab dinner and head out to the Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo with our friends Kyle and Maegen
Kyle & Maegen
Jon & I
Merry Kissmas! ;)
SUNDAY *Making breakfast for our house guests :) (We got home at 10:00 Saturday night so they drove back home.) *Packing the car up and heading to my sister's *Christmas with my family :) *Finishing up laundry (I got a load of laundry done..I underestimated how many clothes I had to do. Gr!)
Rundown: *Luke Bryan & Tim McGraw concert *Taylor Swift concert *July 4th at the lake *Celebrated two wonderful years of marriage *Enjoyed a date day at the zoo
Oh August. August, I'm not a fan. See, August was the month of our first miscarriage. As devastated as we were, we tried to stay positive and have some fun.
We took a little day trip to Louisville and toured the bat museum and went to a Bats game. We also enjoyed lunch at a winery 20 minutes from our house...and loved it SO much! We can't wait to go back. :) We also hit up a few Reds games this month.
Biggest thing in September was my girls' trip with Sammie to Wilmington! She loves Dawson's Creek as much as I do and let me tell you-it was so fun to walk downtown Wilmington and take her to DC sites and her be just as excited as I am when I see it. We had a GREAT trip that including seeing Mr. H and Dawson's house again, having lunch on the Ice House deck, grabbing Coastal Cupcakes, eating at Hell's Kitchen, went on ghost tours, a Hollywood Location tour, and a tour of the Screen Gems studio!
I love music..it's no secret! Here's my rundown of my favorite songs of this year. Fair warning-they're mostly country!
(In no particular order)
I Don't Want This Night to End-Luke Bryan Faded Away-Luke Bryan Sparks Fly-Taylor Swift Old Alabama-Brad Paisley Hold it Against Me-Britney Spears Dirt Road Anthem-Jason Aldean Miss Me-Drake Forget You-Cee Lo Green Barefoot Blue Jean Night-Jake Owen Drink in my Hand-Eric Church You and Tequila-Kenny Chesney && Grace Potter Crazy Girl-Eli Young Band Colder Weather-Zac Brown Band God Gave Me You-Blake Shelton Firework-Katy Perry Party Rock Anthem-LMFAO Anything by Adelle Real Fine Line-Little Big Town