Thursday, November 17, 2011

Marriage's Little Secrets

Jon and I have been married for 2 years, 3 months, and 8 days. I'm not a professional at being a wife. I learn new things every day.

But it's sad to me that some people we've graduated with have already been married and divorced since J and I got married.

It got me thinking about what I think makes our marriage different. What is it that makes us work?

Here are my suggestions/observations:

*Fight it out. If you don't agree with one another, that's okay. If two people are exactly the same with exactly the same view points on every single thing-that's boring, if you ask me!

*Support each other. It's sounds so simple, but it's true. If you can't lean on your spouse, who can you lean on?

*Communicate openly. About everything, no matter if it's dinner options or when you want to start a family. Even if you don't agree, it's important that you know where each other stands and thinks on a subject.

*Have fun!! Jon and I always make a point to have fun together and do something aside from just sitting at home. We have so many memories together and I can't wait to make more!

What are your secrets?

No comments: