Sunday, November 27, 2011

I love this city.

Megan made a comment on one of my recent posts about how fun it must be to live in/near the city...pretty ironic I was thinking about starting this post maybe an hour before I read her comment. Great minds think alike! ;)

J and I actually live smack between two cities-Indianapolis and Cincinnati. Both cities are fun-don't get me wrong. But Indy has a special place in my heart.

Here are a few reasons why:



Just take a look at this skyline. Actually..this is old. See that building with the white dome on it? That is "The Dome" or the RCA Dome as it was officially called..the original home of the Indianapolis Colts. THE home of the Colts. The place where we paved our way to our Super Bowl win. The place where I skipped class to go to the Super Bowl trophy presentation. I LOVED THAT PLACE.

You also see new home of the Colts. Lucas Oil Stadium. The stadium is breath taking. Watching a game there is INCREDIBLE. Concerts there..well, they're incredible now...before concerts there sucked. The sound was off and static filled. Not fun. But they fixed it...in time for Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw next summer!!!


You can't see it in this picture but to the left of Lucas Oil is Victory Field-home of the Indianapolis Indians. Jon and I love going to games there in the summer. It's super cheap and so much fun!

There's also The Canal downtown. It's a beautiful canal that runs through the middle of the city...you can walk down it. It's GORGEOUS! It takes you up by the Indiana State Museum and the NCAA Hall of Champions. My old roommate Jesska and I took many walks on the Canal. It's amazing!



Restaurants downtown are the BEST!! Just to name a few we have-PF Chang's...incredible! We also have Tapas which I just recently found this year and I can't wait to go back! We also have an Old Spaghetti Factory downtown, as well. And a new favorite sushi place of mine is called 45 Degrees which is located on Mass Ave (more on that below). But our favorite restaurant is...


Bazbeaux..otherwise known as Heaven on Earth! It's a pizza place on Mass Ave (which is a diagonal street filled with shops, bars, and restaurants!) The pizza is incredible, but I go there solely for their house salad with creamy cucumber dressing! My mouth drools as I'm even thinking about it.


The center of the city holds Monument Circle...which is beautiful by itself. But Christmas time...oh my gosh...just look:


World's Largest Christmas Tree...only there's no tree. But hey, it's gorgeous! And there's a South Bend Chocolate Company on the Circle where you can get hot chocolate and then walk around. You can see the candy cane pillars and the nutcrackers that surround the monument as well. They always light it the day after Thanksgiving and it's a huge deal in the city-complete with fireworks!


So there you have it-my favorite spots in Indy! There are so many other places-I haven't even touched on the amazing-ness that is Broad Ripple..which isn't downtown. But it's amazing..full of great bars, great food, and cute shops! But that's another story for another day!

Oh and did I mention something pretty awesome is going to be taking place in Indy in a few short months.....

THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ahhhhh, yay for the super bowl! That's going to be amazing!!! Loved reading more about this city since I've never been!