Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wilmington: Reviews

RENTAL CAR:
Enterprise Rent-a-Car

We picked up our rental car Thursday around 12:30 and returned it Monday around 10:30. The car was okay. We had a Chevy Aveo...I'm not sure of the year. The car was okay. It got great gas mileage but it had no get up to it...which was not ideal when you're going through the mountains.

Grade: B-

LODGING:
Jameson Inn, Wilmington

Our hotel was very nice! The room was pretty big and it had a big bathroom which I loved. It was located just off of Market Street which you can take to get to downtown Wilmington. It was also located right next to Target and several gas stations which was wonderful. We only ate their continental breakfast one morning but it was very good! They had my heart at their waffle maker. :)

Grade: A

RESTAURANTS:

Mixto Restaurant, Wilmington
(Carne Asada Tacos, Rice, & Sweet tea)

The food was decent-I like our local Mexican restaurant better. The portions were just enough and the price was great. You can't beat the view of the river walk either.

Grade: B

Hell's Kitchen
(BBQ Pulled Pork, Fries, & water)

I loved this restaurant once we got seated next to Joey's boat! The food was wonderful! Our service was great.

Grade: A

Dockside Restaurant
(Chicken salad sandwich, fries, sweet tea)

To say the view at this place was beautiful would be the understatement of a lifetime. The food was delicious and the service was PHENOMENAL.

Grade: A+

Fat Tony's Italian Pub
(2 slices of pepperoni pizza, water)

When I saw the price of the pizza per slice ($1.25) I thought,"Oh man...I should get 2!" I WAS WRONG! The pieces were huuuuge! They were delicious. They were a little slow in getting the pizza to us. We ordered 4 slices of pizza and it took around 25 minutes. We were meeting for the pub crawl at 7:30. We didn't get our pizza slices until 7:25. I'm pretty sure I didn't chew. Ugh I hate being in a hurry.

Grade: C

ENTERTAINMENT

Wilmington Haunted Ghost Walk

We had a great, animated tour guide. We went to 4 houses and heard 4 wonderful stories. I liked that it was just "Oh, here's a boo ahh ghost story.". They actually went into details about the history of the town, too.

Grade: A

Hollywood Location Walk

Before I get into my review, I'll preface by saying this...we had two older women on our tour who quite frankly did nothing but bitch and complain the whole time. "How long are we going to walk?" "I've never even heard of this show/this movie." It's a WALKING tour...what do you think you're going to be doing? Riding a segway? Seriously.

Nevertheless, we had a very animated tour guide for this tour too. He asked what shows/movies we were interested in. We told him. He showed us 2 places from each show then showed us sites from movies/shows we had never heard of. The sites he did show us from Dawson's Creek you could tell he had no idea what he was talking about. Two things stand out for me:

1) He showed us where the Icehouse used to be and said,"This is where the Icehouse stood. Joey worked here with her sister Betsy and her parents." No. Her sister's name is BESSIE. And her mom died when she was younger and her dad is in jail. So....no.

2) He showed us "The Wall". You know...the "Ask me to stay" wall. "This is the wall that Dawson gave to Joey." NO. Pacey RENTED it. He didn't give it to her.

Those are probably trivial but I paid for a tour and I could have given a better one.

Grade: C-

Wilmington Haunted Pub Crawl

This was given by the same company that does the ghost walk tours. We had a different tour guide this time and he was even better than the original guy! We had 5 stories...all were awesome! Same thing as before-they had some history info in there, too.

Grade: A

No comments: