Monday, June 7, 2010

Time Management

If you look at the clock and it's 9:00 at night, you'll find me on my couch. With a book/magazine/remote control in hand. House cleaning for the day done, dinner done, Reg getting wound down for the night, all ready to just relax. I make this possible with using up little bits of extra time I have during the day to get little stuff done. You'd be surprised how much it helps!

Morning Routine: (I shower at night.)
7:00-7:10: Get up, take Reg out x2 (He never goes 1 and 2 at the same time!), feed him and while he's eating make Jon's lunch.
7:10-7:30: Get ready for work
7:30-7:40: Eat breakfast
7:40-7:50: Brush my teeth, grab my shoes, grab a snack, look for my cell phone, head out!
8:00: Ready to work.

Just utilizing the time that Reg is eating makes it a perfect time to make Jon's lunch. Multitasking at its finest.

Lunch Routine: (I have about 40 mins. after drive time.)
Get into the house, throw food in microwave.
Take Reg out.
Eat.
Set out stuff for dinner.

Setting things out for dinner during lunch helps cut out prep time and defrosting time. Works amazing!

Evening Routine:
Come home.
Start dinner. While dinner is cooking I'll do daily tasks if possible (i.e. water plants, dust, etc).
Mid dinner-set table, get drinks ready, etc.
Eat.
Clean up and do daily room cleaning.
Shower.
Set out clothes for the next day.
RELAX--on a good night, this is around 8:00. On nights when I have more to do, it will be around 9.

Makes life so much simpler!

No comments: