Friday, July 31, 2009

How is married life?

Anyone else getting that question A LOT since the big day?

I'm not real sure how to answer it. First of all, we've only been married for 6 days. lol Second of all, we lived together before hand and we dated for 3.5 years. We've been best friends for 9 years. Uh...? It's just as amazing as it always has been!

Jon and I took off a few days this past week (Well, Jon took off Friday-Tuesday and went back to work Wednesday). I must say, it was AWESOME!!

Sunday we did NOTHING except go to Wal-Mart with our gift cards and purchase the ONE thing we promised ourselves we would buy...





That's right! We have a new TV!! Our old TV was on its last leg to say the least. The tube was going out of it, so we'd have to smack it until the picture showed up. lol Classy, I know!


Monday we spent the day together at the zoo! We had such a great time! We got to pet a shark and an elephant while we were there! It was so much fun!


My favorite picture of us from the day =)



Tuesday we spent the day running errands and buying things we were waiting to get from the wedding...namely, a good vacuum cleaner!

I'm stepping on a soapbox about this. I work in the flooring industry and I'm telling you, the most important thing you can do for your carpet is vacuum it. Vacuum it once a week per number of people living in the house. (For example, Jon and I live in the house. I vacuum every Wednesday and Sunday.) We got a Dirt Devil bagless with accessories. You can adjust the height of the beater bar too, which is great for us because we have a frieze in our living room and hallway. :) *steps off soapbox*

All in all, we had such a great week!

We got our copy of the marriage license in the mail today! I'm dropping off the paperwork to officially change my name tomorrow morning, so that process will on the way of getting started! That's the last hurdle!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm going to try to finish up more thank you cards! :)

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Yes! I've been getting asked that a ton and my usual response is "the same as before, just with an extra ring and a new name."

Amanda said...

All the time!!